Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Spring is Here!

We have really been enjoying this time of year. I had a lot of time at home last month so Jocelyn and I have been training for a duathalon (run 2m, bike13m, run 3m) at the Prairie Oaks Metro Park in Hilliard, OH. It has been fun to get in shape again. Road biking has been fun to get into and I am getting better at running so now I can actually keep up with Jocelyn. We'll see who wins on race day.

We have been experimenting with our garden and have had some success. We planted alliums last year which are now between 2-3 feet tall and have large purple blooms on them. We also dug out a plot in the back yard to plant a vegetable garden. At this point the carrots, peas, beans, squash, zucchini, pumpkins, sunflowers, and onions are all showing some good growth. We also planted tomatoes and peppers that our neighbors gave us. Homeade salsa here we come! Oh, and the lettuce is up which should make for some good summer salads. My Mom and Dad are coming out to visit next week so we will have them judge the yard and make some suggestions.

Work is going well. Just don't tell anyone that I am writing this at work...It is a slow morning. I'm just a month and a half away from being done with intern year. July 1 I start working full time with the Anesthesia department. My first 6 months will be spent in the general OR's doing Ortho, gynecology, ENT, urology, transplant, general surgery and other General OR cases. Then the next six months I'll get to do Acute pain service, OB, Surgical ICU, and Cardiovascular. I have a lot to learn but it is finally time to get into my specialty.

Jocelyn just had her 5th Mother's day. We had a good day full of presents and good food and ended it with roasting some marshmallows in the backyard around our firepit. I am amazed at what a great Mother Jocelyn is. It has not been easy taking care of three little kids but she seems to make it happen and keeps learning new tricks each day. We are taking donations for a maid to come and help out so please send money!

1 comment:

The Harrises said...

Glad to know you have a few moments in the day to write this. Sounds like things are good and everyone and everything is growing. We look forward to seeing you soon. Maybe you'll run into a few of our Hershey friends.